Famous Game Developers: Then VS. Now –
In the history of videogames, there’s some creators that stand above others. Just as the cinema gave birth to the superstar director, so too have some game developers become household names on the strength of their accomplishments and personalities. These men of honor have made their mark on this medium over the course of decades, and it’s time we look at how they’ve evolved over these long years.
Then we’re gonna bust their balls a little, because it’s easier to tear down people who have made something with their lives through hard work and a razor-sharp eye for opportunity than it is to make something important of your own!
1. Shigeru Miyamoto (Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong)
2. Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Series, Death Stranding)
3. Tim Schafer (Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts)
4. Hironobu Sakaguchi (Final Fantasy Series, Blue Dragon)
5. Masahiro Sakurai (Kirby, Super Smash Bros.)
6. John Romero (Wolfenstein 3D, DOOM, Quake)
7. Cliff Bleszinski (Unreal Tournament, Gears of War)
8. Gabe Newell (co-founder of Valve)